Saturday, December 1, 2012

On the First Day of Christmas...

It's finally December!!!! I can't possibly tell you how excited I am!  So, to celebrate, Karl, Evie, and I went to Riverwoods to check out the Christmas lights :)


I've driven by and seen the lights, so I wanted to go check it out, but I didn't realize how much they have going on over there!  Of course it's much more of a commercial experience than seeing the lights at Temple Square, but I think it's a great alternitive for us, since we can't drive very far with Evie (plus she has an 8 o'clock bed time!!).  They have lots of pretty lights, carriage rides, entertainment at the gazebo, and even Santa in a cute little house (who we did NOT go see because we knew Evie would have a fit, haha).

It was a really nice night, a little chilly, but honestly not bad at all.  We walked around with Evie, who was pretty overwhelmed by the whole experience, but seemed to enjoy seeing all the people and lights :)  We shared a belgian waffle with whipped cream and strawberries as a treat to top off our night (which was very delicious, but totally over-priced!).


It was a really nice, relaxing experience for us.  Things have been so busy, crazy, and stressful with me working, Karl going to school full time, and also working two jobs, we really needed this break!  It was just so nice to get out of the house, break out of our regular routine, and get into the holiday spirit just a little bit :)  I am so grateful for my family!!


1 comment:

  1. Awww! I miss Utah, just reading this post. I loved seeing Riverwoods lights every year.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers