Saturday, December 8, 2012

One Year Old!

Wow, I honestly can't believe that it has been an entire year since I held that tiny little newborn in my arms... It feels like it was just yesterday!  And yet, SO much has happened in this past year, I can't believe it's ONLY been a year!  I've decided that the first year is the best EVER.  It is so incredibly challenging, with so many obstacles and huge changes to get used to, but it is the most amazing journey I could possibly imagine.

Evie is so much different from that cuddly little bundle we brought home from the hospital, but it's not so much that she's changed, it's more like she's grown (yes, you may call me captain obvious).  She still has that same personality that she did even in the womb, but there's just so much more of it now, haha!  It's like we've spent the last year getting to know her better.  She is just so determined, she loves a challenge!  She will do things just because they are difficult, a trait I greatly admire, since I do the exact opposite ;P


Evie loves to carry things that are big and heavy, and if there is ever anything that she has a hard time doing, she will do it again and again until it is easy for her.  A couple of weeks ago I had her at my office and there is a little sloped ramp in one of the hallways.  The first time she walked up it she almost tipped over because she wasn't used to walking on a slanted floor.  We moved on, took her to another part of the office and went about our business trying to distract her with other things, but Evie kept running back to that ramp.  She walked up and down and up and down until she could do it with ease.  I really love this about my baby.  She has such great ambition and determination; she knows what she wants and she is willing to fight to get it.  I hope she never changes!

Another thing I love about her is how happy she always is!  She is a very smiley little girl :)  She's been a little shy in new situations and with new people lately, but if you give her a bit to warm up, she is more than happy to share some smiles and giggles!  She is just full of energy and curiosity.

I love that she loves her babies too; she's such a good little mommy!  She discovered babies at around 9 months, and has been obsessed ever since.  Anything we do for her, she will do for her baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers