Friday, June 8, 2012

My SIX MONTH old!!!!

Yup, you heard me right, I have a six month old!!!! Can you believe it??  'Cause I can't!!


Here she is six months ago, all 6 lbs 3 oz, 19 inches of her :)  She was such a pretty, chill baby!  All the nurses kept telling us how incredibly beautiful she was, and how good she was in the nursery!  She barely cried, we actually had to force her to eat on a schedule because she wouldn't cry about anything until it was an absolute emergency, lol!  Of course we have since had our share of bad days (and weeks), but she actually was a very happy baby.  She was so itty bitty! I kind of miss Newborn Evie, 

but....








I LOVE Six Month Old Evie :)  How could you not love this face??  She's such a character!!

Evie is now 16 lbs 3 oz, and 25 inches long.  She loves to babble and jabber and squeal (she is not hesitant to share her emotions)!  She makes so many different noises now, she actually sounds like she's talking... Maybe not in English, but still.  

She's been sitting by herself for about a month now, and has moved on to climbing. She's trying so hard to stand up and walk that she's driving mommy and daddy absolutely nuts!  She will use anything to try to pull herself into a standing position, even though she's not really big enough to stand, even when holding on.  She absolutely hates being on her tummy and has just recently started to even consider the idea of crawling.  She wants to be a big girl and walk like mom and dad, crawling is for babies, lol!










She has also just recently started eating solid food, which she has been DYING to do since she was about 4 months old!  So far we've let her have rice cereal and sweet potatoes (ok, and maybe some pizza crust)







The last six months have been a crazy ride!!  Breastfeeding was an incredible challenge, we've had tummy issues and sleep problems galore!  But even though it has been the most challanging, difficult, and occasionally frustrating and annoying undertaking of my life, I can honestly say that I love it.  I have never been happier than I have since Evie came into my life.  I love her so much, and somehow--even though he's now sharing the attention--I love Karl even more than I ever thought imaginable.  Motherhood is an amazing experience that I would not trade for anything in the world.  
I love my baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with every single thing in here. There is something about motherhood that goes beyond a love/hate relationship. It's like a myheartmightactuallyburstiloveyousomuch/whywon'tyoustopcryingthisisdrivingmeinsane relationship

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers