Monday, May 14, 2012

Wiggle-Worm

So, in church yesterday I was observing my visiting teaching companion's baby.  She is 3 weeks younger than Evie-Cakes, and superly cute!

What I've noticed, in the few months that I've known her, is that she has a MUCH different disposition than my child.  I've been thinking this whole time that maybe it's just 'cause she's younger, and that as soon as she caught up to where Evie was, she would act similarly... But it's not looking like it, lol!  I watched as this cute little girl just sat through sacrament meeting and sunday school, reclining in her daddy's arms, silently taking in the world around her.  Every once and a while she would quietly babble and so her dad would stand up with her. 

At least I THINK that's what I saw. 

I couldn't tell you for certain because at the time Evie was trying her best to give me shaken-mommy-syndrome. 

I can not remember the last time that Evie would let us put her in an even slightly reclined position... Even before she started sitting up she NEVER wanted to be down!  Evie spent sacrament meeting, talking, bouncing, wiggling, trying to pull herself into a standing position using my hair and my shirt, grabbing everything in sight, and trying to eat whatever she could get her mouth on.  Then she passed out half-way through sunday school to recharge for another hour of fun!

All in all, I think it's safe to say she is her daddy's daughter.



I love that she is so active, but it does kind of make me wonder what it would be like to have such a mild mannered baby!  I'm honestly a little nervous about my future with this little bouncing ball of energy (heaven help me when she learns to crawl!!!), but at least I know it's definitely not going to be boring ;)


2 comments:

  1. Aaron has a little friend who is 5 days older and they are SO different ... Aaron is always into everything and he is a little sass ball! His friend is generally content to play with one toy and just chill - he'll interact with you but it is on a completely different level than Aaron... kinda crazy how early you can start to see their personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Emma is the EXACT same way. I'm glad you feel the same! I see other babies at church, too, and wonder...how are they so quiet? And then I remember that babies like Emma and Evie are definitely not going to be boring people when they grow up. haha She is so cute, it's insane!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers