Friday, June 22, 2012

My Father's Day Post (a little late...)

Evie loves her daddy.  She always has.


This morning she woke up early and I wasn't ready to get out of bed, so I just sat her between us and let her play while I laid there.  Evie (who has suddenly decided that if she can't crawl or walk she's going to roll, climb, and dive enough to make up for it) was only content with sitting still for about five seconds.  She kept climbing all over Karl saying "dad dad dad dad dad daddaddad".  He was sleeping, and I kept trying to get her to play with me, but she wanted to play with DAD!!  It was the sweetest thing ever.  I know she's not really old enough for "dadadadadad" to mean much, but it was still INCREDIBLY cute.  It kinda reminded me of THIS morning, oh so long ago! 



The other evening I was at my wits end trying to get Evie to take a nap (which has been a huge pain lately), and I finally just gave up and handed her to Karl.  He proceeded to walk around the dark bedroom bouncing my naughty little girl.  This is the conversation they had:

Evie: bababababgugugumemememe

Karl: Yeah, you're so right!  Sleeping is for noobs!!!

Evie: Uhbuhuhbuhbabababa

Karl: Seriously!  Let's never sleep ever again, sleeping is so stupid.  We're not tired.

Evie: ungee ungeedadadadadada

Karl: I know, we should make a club, we're not going to sleep!  And we're DEFINITELY not going to fall asleep in the next five minutes!!!

Evie: Dadad bebebebebe gaga.....*silence*


Sometimes it annoys me that daddy gets to be the best friend and mommy has to do the mean stuff... but at the same time they are just so darned cute together!!  I love them.  I love what an incredibly loving, sweet, and gentle daddy Karl is.  I couldn't have chosen a better father for my children, I am so grateful for him!!  I love those two so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Reading this at work was a bad idea. Now I miss you guys a ton!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers