Friday, October 28, 2011

HouseParty.com

Today I got an AWESOME package in the mail, and this is what it had in it:



Why is this so awesome you ask?? Well, because it was FREE!!!  Twister Mania is a $50 xbox kinnect game that's not going to be released until the 1st, and I just got it totally free!  The catch?  Well, I've got to share all this awesome stuff with my friends by having a "Twister Mania House Party"!  Not a bad stipulation if you ask me!  And all this is made possible by HouseParty.com.  

Now, I'm not trying to sell anybody on anything here, I just think it's a superly awesome site and I wish I had known about it sooner!  You go to the site, sign up for an account, answer some questions about your household/what kinds of parties you'd be interested in, and then you can apply to host a party!  I will admit that right at this moment there aren't a lot of good parties open for application, but you just gotta keep checking back!  Recently they've had a couple of different video game parties--Zumba Fitness for the Wii (we don't have a Wii, so didn't qualify, darn it!!), Everybody Dance for the Playstation, etc.-- and they've also a couple of Shutterfly parties for those who like pictures and making cards and things!  They have all kinds of categories from food to games to crafts to kids!  Another downside is that it can be hard to get a spot hosting a party, so it may take a while before you get in on one, but I feel like it's worth it to keep trying!  Once you get selected to host a party, they send you a "Party Pack" that has stuff for your party!  They usually include the product that they are trying to promote (i.e. the Twister Mania game), coupons, and party favors for your guests (in my pack I got balloons, twisty straws, and twister coasters)!  After the party, post pictures and/or video, and you're more likely to get selected for more parties!

Anyway, I just thought it was super cool I needed to share!!  I feel like this is an especially good opportunity for those who have a few friends, like to host social gatherings, and want some free stuff!

I'm having my Twister Mania party next Friday (November 4th) at 7:00 at my house, so if you want to come try out the game and hang out, let me know! (you can also RSVP by clicking this link: RSVP which will help me to get host spots next time I apply, though it has the wrong date and time!)

Also, if you want to try the house party thing, go here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers