Sunday, October 9, 2011

Halloween!


I love Halloween!  It's probably my favorite holiday ever.  Maybe it's because I've always loved dressing up (still do, but have no energy or time for something so childish, lol...), or maybe it's because I love all things creepy and supernatural (ok, I like to be freaked out).  Or maybe because it's the first real holiday of the fall season, and it's a good excuse for eating candy.  I don't know what it is, but I love Halloween.  

Unfortunately, the last couple of years haven't been so good for me and my festiveness.  I haven't even had a costume for three, maybe four years now (Karl's been working on Halloween for the last few years and I just have no place to go!), and last year I didn't even get to indulge in my favorite Halloween tradition, Thriller.  If you haven't been to Thriller (not the MJ video, though that's a great Halloween tradition too!) then you're missing out!  It's a superly awesome Halloween dance production put on by a professional company, it's perfect Halloween fun for those who are too old to go trick or treating, but still want to get into the spirit of the holiday.  Seriously though, you should check it out:

 

Anyway, back on topic...  I don't think I'm going to get to go to Thriller or any Halloween parties this year, and our newest apartment doesn't lend itself to any major decorating unfortunately... So, I need ideas!!  I'm looking for any awesome ideas for having an exciting, fun, festive Halloween.  How do you celebrate Halloween?  Any fun traditions??  Good scary (but not TOO scary) movies to watch??  Cool places to go??  Help me out here!!

And while you're thinking about that, here's what Halloween looked like for us last year :)


I love this wreath!! And I'm proud to say I made it myself!


This is Mr. Ghoulie, he's pretty frightening... He scared me more than a few times and I'M the one who put him there!!

Christer's, Karl's, and my jack-o-lanterns :)
Oh!  Another creepy Halloween tradition I like is having a Ghost Adventures (my favorite ghost hunting show!) marathon with my little sisters. It's on netflix so you can check it out there.  It's kind of silly sometimes, but some pretty creepy stuff!  I don't know if this clip is any good, but I wanted to put up something :)




1 comment:

  1. That Thriller thing looks awesome! I love Halloween as well. I get scared way too easily, but I love the candy, dressing up, party things :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers