Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day 2016


What is a girl to do when February 14th just happens to be both the most romantic holiday of the year AND the day the Walking Dead mid-season premiere is on? Well, if you're AWESOME then you have a Walking Dead Valentine's Extravaganza!!! Or you know, like a Walking Dead themed date or something... haha.


I dug out Karl's old school backpack that has been sadly abandoned since May (ok, no one is really sad about that), and turned it into an Emergency Zombie Survival Kit! I stuck in some treats (er, "rations"), our Walking Dead TacDex game (two player zombie card game!), the two Nerf guns we already owned, PLUS I bought the Zombie Strike Nerf gun Karl's had his eye on, and some ammo, of course.


I left the backpack and this nifty "invite" where I knew Karl would find it when he got up from his Sunday afternoon nap (in front of his computer, haha), and I think he was pretty surprised :) 

Once the kiddos went down it was time to party!

Head-shots :)

That guy in the middle was tough to kill!

I had printed up some gross zombie pictures for target practice (did I mention we love to shoot Nerf guns, you know, just for fun?) and taped them to the wall with packing tape so the darts would stick. Then Karl picked out my "zombie apocalypse survivor" outfit and we had a lot of fun trying to decide if we would survive a horde of zombies with our Nerf skills :) 

I feel so scandalous!

We were going to play the TacDex game, but we ended up running out of time and just ended up watching the episode and eating treats instead. 

Overall, probably one of the most laid-back Valentine's dates we've ever done, but honestly, I think it was one of the best. Just fun, together, enjoying common interests, what could be better??





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers