Thursday, March 3, 2016

Fashion for the Chronically Pained

My fashion accessories for today:


And since I know everyone is dying to know just how I get my "look", I'll let you in on my secret.

First, I started with a pair of black leggings (leggings because they fit well under braces, and black because, well, they make the black braces slightly less noticeable?).

After that I threw a knee brace on each leg for a little stability and just to really make a statement (I believe the statement I was going for was something like "please, knees, stop giving out on me and let me get through today. Oh, and maybe don't slip out of place because I'm getting really tired of the nerve pain that comes along with that").

Anyway, I then completed this awesome ensemble with a pair of cute running shoes since, you know, cute flats are out unless they can accommodate orthotics (which they never can) and heels are totally and completely, just... NO. I made sure to get them in a trendy color so that I look like I'm fashionable and athletic and not so much like a crippled grandma.

So there you have it.

I know, you're jealous of my style. I can't help that my chronic illnesses make me so darn sexy :P




2 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs. Smith! I am so sorry you have to live with this pain everyday.
    If you haven't heard about the website or youtube channel called Simon and Martina, I hope you check it out. Martina also struggles with EDS. They purposely make funny videos because it helps her not think about her pain. I hope their videos can help you too.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLMtDePlMyiqv2XC_ByNEVQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info!! I haven't heard of them, but I'm definitely checking it out now :)

      Delete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers