Monday, September 13, 2010

My Favorite Thing

          If you know me very well at all (and I'm assuming you do if you happen to be reading this), then you know that I am incredibly indecisive!  Growing up I never had "favorites", which can be a real pain because part social etiquette when you are a kid includes sharing your favorite color, food, etc.  Being a little girl I liked pink, but pink wasn't my favorite color. I liked several shades of pink and also blues and purples.  Anyway, that's pretty irrelevant, but it's late and I tend to ramble when I get tired.  The point I am trying to make is that I have discovered a "favorite"!  As stupid as this may sound, it's a huge deal for me!!
          My favorite season is Fall.  I can now say that with out any indecision or uncertainty. I love it when it gets cool, but the sun is still there and it's not too cold.  I love the way the air smells. I love wearing a sweater and feeling perfect.  There's just something about it that makes me feel all good inside.  
          In the last few weeks there has been a definite "Fall" feeling in the air, and so I've been thinking about this kind of a lot.  My theory is that it's because it was fall when I first met Karl.  It was my first semester of college, my first time living away from home, and he was my first "real" boyfriend.  Everything was so exciting and new.  When the weather starts to get cooler and the leaves start to change colors, I start feeling all that old excitement.  It's like the season brings back a ton of memories.  Now if I could just get Winter to stay out of things until maybe December.... Haha
          Anyway, Fall also means school and I'm ACTUALLY supposed to be writing a paper right now, so I'd best get back to it.  Just thought I'd share my "ah-ha" moment ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way! I never really had favorites. I just took joy in things! I am so glad people understand :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers