Monday, September 13, 2010

Blogger Blabber


Okay, time to get on my soap-box… Well, I don’t actually have a soap-box that can support my weight (where do people get those?? What kind of soap do these people buy??), so I’ll just have to stand here and tell y’all about what’s bothering me. 

Now, I guess I don’t really count as a true “blogger” since I update my blog about once a month, and maybe I don’t quite understand the issues. However, I’ve been reading some peoples' blogs and there is something that is really bothering me. The number one biggest thing that I have a problem with is people sharing intimate details about problems or things in their relationship with their “significant other” on a blog that half the world can read. Since I’ve been married I’ve realized that there are certain things that you and your aforementioned significant other should keep private. Now, I’m not talking about just married people or just about sex here, I mean other things too!

If you are having problems in your relationship you should talk about it with each other, everyone else does not need to know about what's going on with you two. He/she deserves more respect than that. No matter what the problems are that you are having, he/she still deserves better than that. I didn’t realize what a big deal this is until I got married and was suddenly in a mature relationship. I wish people would think more about the things they say and to whom they say them. Words are powerful and what you say about someone will affect the way others see that person, possibly for a very, very long time. This is definitely one I’ve had to learn the hard way. Blogs are awesome, and sharing feelings and experiences is great, I just want people to be so careful!

I realize that I’m preaching to the choir here, but I just had to get that out there… 

*NOTE:  I should add that if you are in a emotionally/physically/etc. abusive relationship, definitely tell someone!  You probably still don't need to put it on your blog, but still, tell someone you trust so they can help you!!

1 comment:

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers