Monday, August 23, 2010

Business as Usual, or Not…


I’m not going to be able to be on the ballroom team or take any dance classes this Fall. I actually may not be doing ballroom seriously ever again, which makes me sad, but I’m getting too tired and too busy to keep up with it all! It’s hard trying to do ballroom AND get a separate degree AND have church callings AND take care of a house/husband; frankly I have a hard enough time just doing one of those at a time! So I’ve been feeling a little bummed about that, dance has been a huge part of my life after all, but I think I’ve come up with a solution! I’m trying to start my own dance costume rental business! I’m not very business-ly minded, so I’m a little anxious about it, but I’m also super excited! I feel like this is a way for me to keep in touch with the ballroom world (yes, the ballroom world is different from the real world, haha), but at my own pace and on my own time. 

My business is called Sofi’s Costume Closet. Ballroom dresses are so danged expensive that most college students can’t afford to have a nice dress when they want to start competing. I have a ton of costumes that I’ve collected over the years and I’d love to help people out and maybe get something out of all those dresses I have hanging around! When I was dancing I looked for a place to rent a dress and everything I found was either still too expensive, or hard to find/hard to understand. So I’m hoping that this is something that works out! If anyone has any ideas for me I’d love to hear about it!

Oh, and as a side note, lots of people wonder about the name Sofi so I guess I’ll explain it here, and you guys can spread the word ;) One of my dear friends from high school made up Sofi as a nickname for me, which never really caught on, but I like the idea. It’s the first two letters of my first name and the first two letters of my maiden name (SO corro FI elds), so now you know! I used it because Socorro is not a very user friendly name ;) Anyway, check out my website, “like” me on facebook, and recommend me to anyone you think could use a costume!! I could really use the support! 


1 comment:

  1. This is such a fabulous idea! there are so many girls who would love to compete but have no money to do so :) This will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers