Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We've Made it Two Years!!

FOUR whole years together, TWO whole years of marriage :)
On this the second anniversary of my marriage to the love of my life, I feel I must share a story. I’m a little ashamed that I haven’t written this down sooner because the memory isn’t as clear as it once was (Karl you’ll have to correct me on some of the details). Anyway, this story takes place after Karl and I had been dating for awhile. One night as he was dropping me off at my dorm after what, I’m sure, was a very romantic date, Karl suddenly got all bashful and shy. He pulled me in close to him so that his arms were around my waist, stared deeply into my eyes (ok, maybe his eyes were staring past me as he tried to muster the courage) and said, “you know how some people say ‘I love you!’ all the time to just anyone?” I nodded (here I am thinking that he’s going to say something goofy) and he continued, “Well, I don’t do that, because to me saying ‘I love you’ is something really special and important; it means something… and… I think… I love you.” It was the cutest thing I had ever heard. I loved him and he loved me. Three months after we started dating I knew without a doubt that one way or another I had to be with him for the rest of eternity. Now, we may have chosen “another” instead of “one way”, but he is my eternal companion and I have never regretted marrying him. I feel like I will never be able to express my feelings of gratitude and joy that he found me, that he chose me, and that he is still choosing to stick with me. I love him more than anything in the world, and I just pray that someday I’ll be able to be the wife he deserves.
Happy Anniversary Muffcake!!

3 comments:

  1. Well up to that point I hadn't ever said "I love you". And I really did mean it when I said that! I feel like the word loses its strong meaning when you say it to just anyone or just anytime, even in a joking way. I love you Socorro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. That's a WAY cute story. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may or may not have welled up a little bit. You guys are so adorable. And there is nothing wrong with taking a funny way to get there...;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers