Monday, April 21, 2014

Evie's 1st Injury

This is my daughter:


She constantly climbs, jumps, tumbles, and basically has no fear, so I was positive that we'd be making a visit to the doctor for an injury sooner or later (I'm surprised we made it as long as we did!)--I just didn't think it would be for something so boring! Lol

We were just sitting in the living room and there were a bunch of toys out. She started running towards me to show me something, tripped, and fell head first into the sharp little corner on the entertainment center. I watched in horror as her forehead hit the edge, and I heard the "thunk" of the impact telling me just how hard she'd hit it.

I scooped her up quickly and tried to assess the damage. The cut wasn't long, maybe half an inch, but it was fairly deep and gaped a bit. So we called the after-hours nurse and she told us to come in. I was so worried she'd need stitches and it would be a traumatizing experience, but luckily, the doctor was able to glue it up nicely with no needles involved!

She was actually fine with the whole doctor's office experience, and was even looking forward to seeing the doctor... until he walked in. That was probably the most traumatizing part.
The doctor was a very large man with a very big voice wearing a very bright shirt. The moment he started talking to her she burst into tears, poor thing!

We did manage to get her calmed down enough to get her patched up, and by the time we got home she was running around like nothing happened. She even convinced daddy to take her to the park so she could fit in a few more dangerous feats before bedtime ;)


I'm pretty sure in her two years of life she's stressed at least a few years off of mine, lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers