Friday, August 5, 2011

Year Number Three


I really can't believe that I've been married to my best friend for three whole years!  I really feel like it was just yesterday that I was impatiently awaiting our wedding day, and here we are!  It doesn't feel like that much has changed over the last five-ish years of our relationship, but when I think about it, a lot HAS changed.  I was actually thinking about this a couple of weeks ago...  

My dear friend looked at Karl's phone and noticed that he has me listed as "wife" on his phone, she said she hated that because she loves the butterflies she gets when the name of the guy-in-her-life pops up on her phone.  

Well, you know what?  I don't get butterflies when I see Karl calling me or texting me anymore. 

In fact, the tingles and butterflies are actually getting kind of few and far between.  I felt a little bit bad about this, but now that I've had sometime to think about it, I realize that it's not such a bad thing!  I do sometimes miss that ever present excitement that made our dating years so fun, but I've got something I think may be even better!  As dumb as it sounds, I feel like our love has "matured" a lot in the last five years.  Even as much as I thought I loved him the day we got married, it was nothing compared to how much I love him now.  Sure the tingles are fun, and they are great for getting people to get married in the first place, but it's the "deeper" love (the part hiding under the tingles) that gets you through all the tough times.

Karl and I have been through a lot since we first met--some awesome things and some really UN-awesome things--and we've come out of it on this end closer and more in love than ever.  I do still look at him and just marvel at how much I love him and how much he loves me.  I also still look at him and think to myself how attractive I find him, and wonder how I got him to marry me in the first place!

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the butterflies aren't going to last forever, at least, they're not always going to be the same way they were in the beginning, but it's ok!  Things change as time goes on, but change can be good!

And now, since I'm on the topic of changes that have happened during our marriage, and juuuust for fun...
 
Me--August 4th, 2008



Me--August 3rd, 2011

All right, can't deny the photographic evidence... I'll admit I've changed a tiny bit since my wedding day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sissy! Thought I would leave a post on your "lonely" blog.. ;) I'm glad I am your friend, and hope I can be your friend for a long time. You and Karl are great people. Well, this is "Kain" signing off!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers