Friday, July 22, 2011

Crafty Mamma

I've ALWAYS wanted to be one of those super cute, crafty moms who does all kinds of cute things and makes all kinds of cute things.  Unfortunately, I think I'm a little bit craftily challenged.  I don't sew more than a straight line (ok, let's face it, even my lines aren't straight), I don't crochet more than a chain stitch (I can however, make an awesome hat with one of those looms!), and I'm really just not up with all the cute, trendy, scrapbooky, bow making, craftiness that EVERYBODY is into these days!  However, now that my time until motherhood is swiftly running out, I thought I'd better start somewhere!

Something I've been meaning to do forever is scrapbooking.  I've gone out and bought random supplies so many times before, I can't even count!  And what do I have to show for it?  A box of pictures, papers, and embellishments, buried in my closet.  I'd pretty much given up at this point, but I was reading on a message board the other day and someone suggested digital scrapbooking, and I decided to give it a try!  I don't have photoshop (which would be ideal, if I were going to get into this hardcore), but I downloaded a free trial of a program and a bunch of free scrapbook paper/lettering/embellishments from the internet, and went to town!
I was actually really surprised and impressed with my results!  They aren't superly amazing, compared to the things I've seen other people do, but compared to all my previous attempts, I'm incredibly happy!

My pages so far:




Can't take all the credit for this one, got the template from cottagearts.net


I have so many pages I want to do (so many pics, so little time), I'm so excited!!  Glad I found this BEFORE school started!

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on not being all that crafty. I can sew a straight line though, point for me! Cute work on the digital scrapbooking. I don't have the patience for it. Thankfully I have a sister-in-law that in a freak about it. I'll try getting her to do it for me >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I tried being crafty with the quilt, but anything other than that is so hard! haha I always ask one of my friends how she does it because for her baby, she made a quilt and even her baby blessing dress, it's amazing! I think you and me should try and be crafty mommys together :)

    Good luck with the digital scrapbook! They look really good so far!

    Also, if you want to do a quilt, I can show you the blog I got the tutorial from!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers