Monday, November 17, 2014

I'm grateful for my marriage.



I am grateful for my marriage.

I'm grateful for those moments when he drives me absolutely crazy, because that means he's still here to do so.

I'm grateful for those difficult moments of unskilled communication and our struggles with problem solving, because it means we're still trying and we're getting better and better.

I'm grateful for the progress we've made since we were first married at 20 years old. Marriage is wonderful, but there is so much that is tough in the learning process.

I'm grateful he's stood by my craziness, because I know I'm not always a walk in the park.

I'm also grateful for the wonderful moments. I'm so grateful that they outnumber the bad. The bad tend to seem so big in my mind, they take up more space and energy,  but there is so very much more good than bad.

I'm grateful that there is always someone there for me, someone who loves me. I'm grateful that at the end of the day I have an amazing person to listen to me, and help me with my burdens.

I'm grateful for touch, for loving hugs and gentle kisses.

I'm grateful for support.

I'm grateful for imperfections.

I'm grateful we're still here. I don't know what I would do without my husband. No matter how tough or frustrating things have ever been, life would be so, so much worse without him by my side. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers