Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So it begins...

As of August 4th 2008, I am the newest Mrs. Smith in a long line of exceptionally wonderful wives by that title.  Grandma Smith is an amazing woman.  She is the kindest, most caring person I have ever met.  She takes care of everyone and everything without skipping a beat.  She is one of my role models!  My mother-in-law is also an awesome wife and mother.  With a five-year-old, 14 year-old, and an 18 year-old still at home her house is always comfortable and clean and her household is always cared for.  One of my deepest desires I’ve clung to since my wedding day is to be an amazing wife!  I want to be organized, I want to be a good cook, I want to be able to care for my house and keep it clean and beautiful, and I want to be a happy, caring wife, who is a constant support to my husband. 
Well, the wedding and I guess even the honeymoon are officially over; we’ve been married for a year (and three months tomorrow!) and in that time I’ve made a few discoveries about myself.  I am not a naturally organized person.  I am creative, I love to dance, I love to read, and I love beautiful things…  But I tend to be a little side tracked and kind of a big procrastinator.  I don’t know much more than the basics of cooking, and to tell the truth, I don’t really like cooking!  In my younger years I was so busy going to dance practices, rehearsals, performances, classes, and doing hours and hours of homework , that helping with the cooking was not really something I did on a regular basis, unless it was something easy (excuses, excuses… I know ;) ).  In the last year, cooking meals has been kind of a stressor in my marriage; I hate having to come up with meals every night!  I don’t know a lot of tricks and techniques when it comes to cleaning either.  I know that you use some kind of cleaner and wipe things off, but I’ve been discovering that there are so many little things that I just didn’t know!  Then, of course, there is the relationship category.  I thought I had a perfect relationship with my hubby while we were dating, and I thought I knew pretty much everything there was to know about him and the way he thought.  I was wrong!  I have found so many things that I need to work on to make my marriage work well.  We have a good relationship, and we’re both trying, but we’re not perfect, and marriage takes work!
So, as I’ve been trying to figure this whole wife thing out, I’ve learned a lot, and I’m still learning so much everyday!  I guess a lot of the things I’ve learned may be old news to a lot of people, but I’m still dead set and determined to share what I’ve come up with, even if it’s just for my own sake ;)

2 comments:

  1. You're doing such a great job! I'm so lucky to have gotten you! Keep up the good work, everything will work out. And keep writing, you're amazing good at it! Annnnnnd your baked potatoes are the BEST ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be great. All you have to do is be true to yourself and to your hubby. You two will make it, I said it before and I'll say it again.
    ~Bill

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!! Like, seriously, I love to hear what you think!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers